Mall of Georgia is your Summer Destination!
I received this email and wanted to let you know what was going on at the Mall of Georgia this summer. When I think of the mall, I tend to think of window shopping or going to grab what I need to get in and out. (At least that is how it was at our local mall back home.) Now, the malls up here puts on all sorts of fun events and it can be a planned trip for more than just shopping. Here are two cool things getting ready to happen at the Mall of Georgia this summer:
Photo Credit - Jason Braverman
Lights, Camera, Action! The sights and sounds of FREE outdoor family entertainment are set to return to Mall of Georgia! The community shopping center’s eighth annual Movies Under The Stars summer series, presented by AutoNation Mall of Georgia and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, is back beginning Saturday, May 28. Local families and friends are invited to meet on the lawn at the Village Amphitheatre every Saturday evening through to enjoy a complimentary cinema and concert showcase.
As part of the summer series, local bands take the stage at The Village Pavilion fromand the feature film shines on a 35-foot big screen at The Village Amphitheatre starting at dusk around 9 p.m. Guests can also enjoy a variety of fun games, jump time in bounce houses and summer snack concessions, including Skip’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice, popcorn, cotton candy and more. As always, shoppers are encouraged to bring blankets and lawn chairs to get cozy for the music and motion picture production!
With family flicks like “Minions,” silver screen classics like “Grease” and rockin’ tunes from The Woody’s and Brent Gafford Band on the lineup, this entertainment series is the perfect way to spend summer nights with family and friends!
The music / movie schedule is as follows**
- May 28: The Woody’s / “Minions” (rated G)
- : J. Kyle Reynolds / “Jurassic World” (rated PG-13)
- : Line 6 / “Hotel Transylvania 2” (rated PG)
- : Brent Gafford Band / “The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron” (rated PG-13)
- : Foxes & Fossils / “Kung Fu Panda 3” (rated PG)
- : Mall of Georgia’s 14th Annual Star Spangled Fourth event (special program) - See below for more information.
- : Fire & the Knife / “Grease” – 1978 Original (rated PG)
- : Fly Betty Band / “5th Wave” (rated PG-13)
- : Dean Taylor & The Better Days / “Alvin and the Chipmunks – The Road Chip” (rated PG)
- : Beau + Luci / “Star Wars Episode VII – The Force Awakens” (rated PG-13)
** Please note there is no “Movies Under The Stars” program ondue to the event.
Photo credit belongs to Jeff McPhail
Mall of Georgia’s 14th annual Star Spangled Fourth event is set to return on! Presented by AutoNation Mall of Georgia and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, the Independence Day bash will offer a variety of patriotic fun for the entire family, including children’s rides and inflatables, live music, food and beverage concessions, a special Movies Under The Stars presentation of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” on a 70-foot big screen and – of course – the largest fireworks display in the county!
WHAT: 14th Annual Star Spangled Fourth at Mall of Georgia
Celebrate red, white and blue at Mall of Georgia with live concerts, outdoor movie, fireworks and more for the entire family!
– Kids Zone opens; FREE concerts begin in the Village Amphitheatre
- – Ants Trippin
- – The Woody’s
- 9:30 p.m. – Singing of the National Anthem by Mallory Green
- – Fireworks display
- Post-fireworks screening of “The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2” (rated PG-13) in parking lot across from Dick's Sporting Goods
WHERE: Mall of Georgia, 3333 Buford Drive, Buford, GA 30519