#HolidayGiftGuide- BBC Planet Earth Special Edition Review
We have been lucky enough to have the chance to review the BBC title -
I had been watching it off and on with Broxton, so when Marc came home from work, I wanted him to see it too!
"I didn't know we had this!" was his response...
"Surprise! We have it for review, so we haven't had it too long" was my answer!
He immediately had to start watching and pointing out things to Broxton.
I will say, it is very beautiful.
Broxton would watch for a bit and then go play, coming back off and on to watch.
I told Marc I thought it would be great for the boys to watch (and learn) when they come...
I also told a friend of mine that she needed to look into getting it for her son, as it really is a great thing to have to add to your collection!
From the makers of The Blue Planet: Seas of Life, Planet Earth premiered on Discovery Channel in 2007 and became a global phenomenon. Featuring the original BBC series presented by Sir David Attenborough, Planet Earth is the #1 selling documentary DVD and #1 selling non-theatrical Blu-ray release of all-time - with over 5 million units in print. The recipient of four Emmyâ Awards including Outstanding Nonfiction Series, the groundbreaking series garnered media acclaim including the New York Times hailing it as a “a tour de force…a masterpiece” and the Chicago Tribune lauding it as “an absolutely extraordinary achievement.”
Fuelled by a production budget of over $25 million, Planet Earth is the most expensive factual series ever created by the BBC. Five years in the making, the first-ever nature series to be filmed entirely in high definition required over 2000 days in the field and used 40 cameramen who filmed across 200 locations around the globe. Utilizing state-of-the-art filming techniques and technologies - ranging from revolutionary aerial lens stabilization and flash strobe-systems to ultra high-speed cameras - Planet Earth lovingly captures rare action, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet’s best-loved, wildest and most elusive creatures. From the highest mountains to the deepest rivers, this awe-inspiring series takes viewers on an unforgettable journey through the daily struggle for survival in Earth’s most extreme habitats.
NEW BLU-RAY AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
• Special Sneak Peek at Executive Producer Alastair Fothergill’s next blockbuster project: Frozen Planet
• Commentary on select episodes
• Greatest Planet Earth Moments – Relive the greatest moments of this revolutionary series and discover how these scenes were captured on film.
• Snow Leopard: Beyond the Myth – The BBC Natural History Unit explores a secret cave deep in the mountains of
• Secrets of the Maya Underworld – The freshwater pools that dot
• Elephant Nomads of the
• Music only viewing option
ORIGINAL DVD BONUS FEATURES NOW ON BLU-RAY
• 110 minutes of behind the scenes footage – one 10-minute behind the scenes production video diary for each episode
• Planet Earth – The Future – This 3-part series looks at what the future may hold for endangered animals, habitats and – ultimately – us.
FTC Compliant Review Policy: The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation