That means to day is Friday Feast!
If you are new, I am trying to link up a few recipes, some I have tried, others have not been tried yet, but I am eager to check them out. Instead of posting them on my facebook and getting lost, I figured I would just share them with you all. Maybe you have tried them and can say YAY or NAY... I would love to have you link up with me. Feel free to post a new (or old) recipe, just something for others to try!
Have a great weekend!!!
This week, I am sharing Italian Chicken and Rice Casserole.
(I don't know about where you live, but in the south, casseroles are big deals! Ha Ha Ha!)
I have not tried this yet, but it is for sure on the menu this month, sounds pretty easy too and easy is great for me!
ITALIAN CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE
- 2-3 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- handful of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- 2 cans (15 oz) chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ½-1 tsp. oregano
- ½-1 tsp. basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- black pepper to taste
- Put the chicken in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the rice, red pepper and parsley over the top.
- Spread the cheese evenly over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, chicken soup,, oregano, basil, garlic and pepper.
- Pour evenly over the top of the other ingredients.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour – 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let it stand for a few minutes before serving.
Check it out!
Since I have not tried this, I don't have a photo for you...
So, I figured I would share one I took of Broxton the other day - He wanted to have a picnic (inside)
Of course that means we did!!!! Have a great weekend!
|Just a little turkey, lettuce and bread & butter pickle sandwich!|