Don't Forget: The Big Year - Available January 31
Comedic Icons Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson Star in the Hilarious Outdoor Adventure Coming to Blu-ray and DVD January 31!
Brad (Jack Black) tells his father that he can relate to a certain bird species because both he and the bird are both generally underestimated. Here, after taking this quiz, you'll be able to see what kind of bird you might most closely resemble. Are you an avid decorator like the bowerbird? Do you like to show off your dance moves to impress the ladies like a riflebird? You'll know for sure what bird best suits your personality after taking our test!
Steve Martin, Jack Black and Owen Wilson portray three men from very different walks of life, facing a mid-life crisis, a work-life crisis and a no-life crisis. In the biggest competition of their lives, they undertake an unforgettable trek through North America, engaging in hilarious and bizarre adventures and forming friendships that will last a lifetime!
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Australia, for sure!
- I’ve always wanted to explore a tropical rainforest!
- I don’t like to travel; I’d rather just stay home.
- I can’t choose just one place! I want to travel everywhere!
- How do you attract a member of the opposite sex?
- I give make them something unique, or give them a memorable present.
- I woo the opposite sex with my sweet dance moves!
- I show them that I will be committed and protective of them in the future.
- I treat them as my equal and try to find an activity we can share with one another.
- What is your favorite color?
- Anything bright and flashy!
- What is your hidden talent?
- I’m really crafty; I can make cool things from common objects.
- I’m a great dancer!
- I’ve been told I have an interesting singing voice!
- I’m super resilient – I can do a lot on little sleep and with few or no breaks.
- How would you describe your personality?
- I’m really complex, so I can’t succinctly describe my personality.
- I’m outgoing and independent – the life of the party!
- I’m a homebody, but I’m fun to be around and really protective of the things and people I love.
- I have tons of friends and live a sort of jet set lifestyle – I’m definitely a world traveler.
You are most like a bowerbird! Bowerbirds are renowned for their unique (and crafty!) courtship behavior. Males will build structures (called bowers) out of sticks and brightly colored objects in an attempt to attract a mate. Bowerbirds are also extremely good at mimicking other creatures, including pigs, waterfalls, and human chatter. This complex behavior has led many to believe that bowerbirds are the most behaviorally complex species of bird. Bowerbirds are mainly found in varying parts of Australia.
You’re a riflebird! Male riflebirds are polygamous and known for their flashy mating “dance.” During this courtship display, the male will fully extend his wings, raise his tail and hop upward while swinging his head (allowing him to show off his blue-green breast shield). Female riflebirds observe this “dance” and, if satisfied, will reward the male by mating with him. The females then take care of their young without male assistance. These birds are mainly found in the rainforests of New Guinea and Northeastern Australia.
You are a blue tit! One thing that blue tits are known for is being “resident” birds, meaning that they do not migrate. Blue tits are very popular garden birds in Europe due to their perky acrobatic performances and interesting calls when feeding. Blue tits are also very protective of their nests and eggs, and exhibit a lot of excited behavior when feeding and nesting. Blue tits will also nest in any suitable hole, including artificial nesting boxes (most birds will not readily settle in an artificial nesting box).
You’re most like a bar-tailed godwit! The bar-tailed godwit migrates in flocks to places like East Asia, Alaska, New Zealand, Australia, Africa and northwestern Europe. Bar-tailed godwits take the longest non-stop flight of any bird species, traveling from New Zealand to the Yellow Sea in China! These birds also share the responsibility of incubating and caring for their young between both the males and the females.
You can click HERE to read my review on the movie.
Just wanted to remind you it was available on January 31st.
***** I just wanted to remind you that yes, I did receive a complimentary copy, but all thoughts and opinions are my own. *****