The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
IKEA Celebrates Spring with Annual Swedish Easter Buffet
Tickets to Easter Smörgåsbord Available for $16.99 Adults / $4.99 Kids 12 & Under; Discounted Prices for IKEA FAMILY* Members
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (February 22, 2016) – IKEA welcomes everyone to celebrate the dawn of spring with Påskbord, a Swedish smörgåsbord buffet celebrating the Easter holiday. Join IKEA for an all-you-can-eat buffet at stores** across the country on . Guests can enjoy a traditional meal of classic Swedish food offerings, such as Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes, smoked salmon, Swedish ham, and much more at their nearest IKEA Restaurant**. Tickets to the buffet for IKEA FAMILY members cost $12.99 per person or $2.99 for kids 12 and under; for non-IKEA FAMILY members, the cost is $16.99 per person or $4.99 for kids 12 and under.
“Food is a staple for celebrating with family and friends,” said Patricia Meumann, IKEAFood Manager. “In Sweden, Påskbord is a food tradition that brings people together to celebrate spring and the Easter holiday. We look forward to sharing this tradition and our Swedish heritage with our customers.”
The IKEA Påskbord menu*** includes:
Gravad lax with mustard sauce
Marinated salmon with mustard sauce
Smoked salmon with horseradish sauce
Assorted Swedish cheeses
Crispbread, crisp rolls, soft bread and thin bread
Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes
Desserts & Beverages
Assorted Swedish desserts and cookies
Fountain beverages and hot beverages
For those who are not able to make it to the event, they can still bring Swedish Easter traditions home! Visit the Swedish Food Market in IKEA U.S. stores to purchase select items from the Påskbord menu, including KÖTTBULLAR Swedish meatballs, or to explore, find and try ingredients for other Swedish recipes, such as salmon and avocado salad.
SALMON & AVOCADO SALAD
Ingredients & Supplies
- 500g LAX FILÉ salmon fillet
- 2 avocados
- Approx. 5.25 oz. haricots verts
- Mixed green salad
- 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Chili powder
- Bring 1 quart of lightly salted water to boil. Boil the haricots verts for 2 min., then keep under running water until cool.
- Heat a frying pan or grill pan.
- Season the defrosted salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, paprika and chili.
- Grill each side of the salmon fillets for approx. 1 minute, high heat. Leave to cool.
- Turn the beans with the green salad in a bowl and add olive oil, salt and black pepper. Squeeze half a lime in the bowl.
- Distribute the contents of the bowl on 4 plates and add pieces of the equivalent of half an avocado to each plate.
- Cut salmon fillets into smaller pieces and distribute on the salad on each plate and serve. Add an optional sauce, for example SÅS PEPPARROT horseradish sauce.
*IKEA FAMILY is a benefits program that offers membership perks including special product discounts, sneak previews, free coffee and tea in the IKEA Restaurant, and more. Consumers can sign up for the free program online or in-store.
**Not available at the IKEA Carson store.
***Menu is subject to change due to product availability.