The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
We all know how crazy and hectic life gets. It seems like its even busier when you have children, well at least that is how I feel these days. Add a second one to the mix and oh my goodness, we feel busy even when I know good and well that we aren't! Busy days are always going to be a part of life, but it is nice to know that companies like the Ovations Brand of restaurants ( Old Country Buffet, Ryans, Hometown Buffet and Country Buffet) have family nights planned. Know what that means? Dinner and fun (shhhh and education too!) while enjoying time as a family! This spring they are featuring a book character I loved as a child and it is one that Broxton is starting to enjoy now.... Amelia Bedelia! She was always so funny to me, without her meaning to be and now that I get to share her craziness with Broxton, I love it!!!
Let me tell you more about this "family night" at one of the Ovation Brand restaurants near you. (Please call to make sure your location is a participating location.) From now until May 12th " kids of all ages are invited to participate in educational yet lighthearted group activities that celebrate words, science, cooking, the seasons and even this years presidential election."
ACTIVITIES FOR SPRING
All Family Night Kids’ Activities are free to all guests at participating Ryan’s®, HomeTown® Buffet, Old Country Buffet® and Country Buffet® locations. Kids simply meet up in the designated activity area, where an adult staff member will be leading the night’s fun-filled experience. Parents are welcome to enjoy a quiet meal in the meantime, or join in with kids as desired. Along with each weekly event, children will also receive “fun sheets” that relate back to each night’s theme.
Upcoming events include:-
- March 24 “Let’s Run for Office!” teaches kids the basics about election time and how to campaign by making slogans, buttons, and campaign promises before holding their own mini election.
- March 31 “Spring Selfie” is a great social media photo-booth-style experience the whole family can take part in. Frames, decorations, and mini props will be provided at each location.
- April 7 “Bake Off!” gets children into the wholesome fun of cooking by baking one of Amelia Bedelia’s favorites – classic Apple Pie.
- April 14 “Recipes Done Right” helps kids see how important it is to follow instructions – especially when baking – with a fun ‘scramble’ game to see which team can re-create certain recipes.
- April 21 “Fly a Kite” celebrates one of Springtime’s most popular activities by coloring and assembling a miniature kite for flying or decorating their rooms
- April 28 “Dream Pie” invites children to explore their imaginations and their appetites with a colorful design-your-own pie creation to share with the group
- May 5 “The Power of Words That Help Out” features Amelia Bedelia and her silly mix-ups of common phrases as kids discover the multiple meanings of words and phrases during a Simon-Says-style game.May 12 “Magic Words” highlights Amelia Bedelia once again – but this time showing how words can make a difference through manners and also through magic – with multiple magical demonstrations kids can recreate at home
To help spread the word, I get to offer one reader a special prize pack, with an Amelia Bedelia sticker pack, bonnet pack, poster, brochure, and 4 paperback books – Amelia Bedelia’s First Apple Pie, Amelia Bedelia Makes a Friend, Amelia Bedelia,Amelia Bedelia Means Business)
Just enter the rafflecopter form below: