Did you watch The Wonder Years when it originally came on, or were you late to the party and watched reruns? I am not really sure when I saw them. The show aired from 1988-1993, so it would have started when I was 9. I am guessing I watched some as reruns and probably caught some as they aired originally. I do know that the older I get, I love being able to watch shows from the start and in order, so I am thrilled that The Wonder Years are on DVD. You can purchase them in individual seasons, fyi... season 6 (the final one) is about to be released... or you can purchase a box set. I like the individual seasons, so I can loan them out solo, but the box set always has nice additional figures to make it so much fun to own!
FTC Compliant Review Policy: The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.
THE WONDER YEARS: THE COMPLETE FIFTH SEASON contains all 24 engaging episodes from Season 5 (October 2, 1991-May 13, 1992) in their original broadcast versions. After a brief stint at the lake and equally brief summer romance in the season premiere, "The Lake," Kevin returns home to start school at McKinley High. Between Driver's Ed drama, love triangles, a controversial English teacher, R-rated movie, and an unforgettable double date there's plenty of excitement at McKinley. Meanwhile, the Arnolds throw an epic Christmas party and Wayne and Wart decide to join the Army. David Schwimmer continues his guest starring role as Michael, demonstrating his love for Karen on the Arnolds' front lawn in a very romantic scene in the pouring rain.
Alongside the acclaimed bonus features specially-produced by the TV DVD archivists at Time Life, including in-depth interviews and a behind-the-scenes featurette, the new-to-retail set includes over four dozen songs as they were featured in the original broadcast, with classics by Jackson Browne, The Byrds, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Sonny & Cher, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Band, James Brown, Joni Mitchell, Joan Baez, Percy Sledge, Sly & the Family Stone, Linda Ronstadt, Traffic and many more, plus Joe Cocker's unforgettable rendition of The Beatle's With a Little Help from My Friends.
- That's A Wrap! Mark B. Perry's Farewell Set Tour Season 5
- Featurette: Will You Love Me Tomorrow: The Wonder Years' Love Stories
- Interviews with: Olivia d'Abo (Karen Arnold), David Schwimmer (Michael)
SONGS BY EPISODE
- Happy Together-The Turtles
- I Fought the Law-Bobby Fuller Four
- Mannish Boy-Muddy Waters
- Jamaica Say You Will-Jackson Browne
- Eight Miles High-The Byrds
"The Hardware Store"
- Takin' Care of Business-Bachman-Turner Overdrive
- Pennies from Heaven-Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
"Frank and Denise"
- Only You (And You Alone)-The Platters
- If I Were a Carpenter-Tim Hardin
"Full Moon Rising"
- G.T.O.-Ronny & the Daytonas
- Fanfare For The Common Man-Instrumental
- I Got You Babe-Sonny & Cher
- Green River-Creedence Clearwater Revival
- I Shall Be Released-The Band
- Get Up Offa That Thing-James Brown
- Happy Birthday to You-Grady Martin and the Slew Foot Five
- Rockin' around the Christmas Tree-Brenda Lee
- White Christmas-Andy Williams
- Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer Mambo-Billy May and His Orchestra
- Sleigh Ride-Leroy Anderson & His "Pops" Concert Orchestra
- The Christmas Song-Mel Torme
- Frosty The Snowman-Instrumental
- The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)-Harpers Bizarre
- Fragrance-Palm Court Theatre Orchestra
- Sing, Sing, Sing (With a Swing)-Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
- Crazy-Patsy Cline
- Both Sides Now-Joni Mitchell
- Forever Young-Joan Baez
"Double Double Date"
- You Are Everything-The Stylistics
- Wild Thing-Instrumental
- Run Run Run-Jo Jo Gunne
- Sugar, Sugar-The Archies
- When a Man Loves a Woman-Percy Sledge
- Fanfare For The Common Man-Instrumental
- Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow-The Rivingtons
- Walk Like a Man-The 4 Seasons
"The Lost Weekend"
- March from the River Kwai and Colonel Bogey-Mitch Miller & His Orchestra and Chorus
- I Want to Take You Higher-Sly &the Family Stone
- Judy in Disguise (With Glasses)-John Fred & His Playboy Band
- Desperado-Linda Ronstadt
- Wedding Song (There Is Love)-Paul Stookey
- You Can All Join In-Traffic
"Back to the Lake"
- Pressure Drop-Toots & the Maytals
- Venus-Frankie Avalon
- On the Road Again-Canned Heat
- Home-Karla Bonoff
"Broken Hearts and Burgers"
- You're Sixteen-Ringo Starr
- Brown Eyed Girl-Van Morrison
- Wild Heart of the Young-Karla Bonoff