American Pie : Reunion Is Available For Purchase Now
Are you a fan of the "American Pie" movies?
If so, I am sure you know that they have a new one out...
I have watched some of them... so, I thought it would be nice to add to our collection.
I just watched it and there is no surprise that this is one to watch when the kids are out or sleeping...
Plenty of raunchy humor and plenty of foul language! American Pie: Reunion doesn't disappoint!
I will admit, I had not seen any of the series since the second one. Truth be told, I did not realize they had made so many since then! But, I saw that the "reunion" was being advertised... and that the entire original cast was going to be back, so I wanted to see what all they had in store!
I will say, it was a bit odd that they decided to all come back for their 13th reunion...
I thought it was a big deal for the 10, 15, 20 and so forth... but hey, whatever floats their boats, right?
This starts off in true American Pie fashion... Bed bumping .....
But then you realize that she is putting the little one to bed and bouncing on the bed is calming him down...
At this point, with the little suggestion... I knew it was over :)
I even chose to watch the THEATRICAL version versus the UNRATED, as I just did not know if I could handle it! ha ha!!!!!!!
I am sharing the BONUS FEATURES, as they really have A-L-O-T of them on this one!
The entire cast of American Pie returns to East Great Falls for their high-school reunion in the outrageous comedy American Reunion, available on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, DVD, and On Demand, with a never-before-seen unrated version, on July 10, 2012 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In one long-overdue weekend, old friends will reconnect, old flames re-ignite and everyone will rediscover just how much fun you can pack into one hilarious weekend.
It was summer 1999 when four small-town Michigan boys began a quest to lose their virginity. In the years that have passed, Jim (Jason Biggs, Life Happens, “Mad Love”) and Michelle (Alyson Hannigan, “How I Met Your Mother”) got married while Stifler (Seann William Scott, Role Models) still refuses to grow up. Kevin (Thomas Ian Nicholas, Please Give) and Vicky (Tara Reid, “Scrubs”) said goodbye while Oz (Chris Klein, American Dreamz) and Heather (Mena Suvari, “American Horror Story”) grew apart. Finch (Eddie Kaye Thomas, “How to Make It in America”) still longs for Stifler’s mom (Jennifer Coolidge, Legally Blonde) and Jim’s dad (Eugene Levy, Best in Show) is learning to date. The hormonal teens who launched a comedy legend return as American Reunion brings this beloved franchise back with “flat out hilarious, raunchy fun” (Pete Hammond, Box Office Magazine).
BLU-RAYTM and DVD BONUS FEATURES:
- 7 DELETED SCENES
- GAG REEL
- THE “REUNION” REUNION: RE-LAUNCHING THE SERIES: Go behind the scenes with Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott, Alyson Hannigan, Chris Klein, and the rest of the original cast. They’ll reveal some of the unique challenges in reuniting the group, and reflect on moments from making the film.
- JIM’S DAD: From tweezing his infamous eyebrows to online dating, Jim’s dad slowly enters the singles’ scene with some help from Jim and Michelle.
- OUCH! MY BALLS!: While on set, Jason Biggs, Chris Klein, and many other members of the male cast started the unique hobby of “crotch-blasting”. See the spark of this unusual craze and its ensuing, widespread popularity.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH CO-DIRECTORS/CO-WRITERS JON HURWITZ & HAYDEN SCHLOSSBERG(available on both rated and unrated versions)
BLU-RAYTM Exclusive BONUS FEATURES: Unleash the power of your HDTV with perfect hi-def picture and perfect hi-def sound.
- 13 EXTENDED SCENES
- ALTERNATE TAKES
- THE “OUT OF CONTROL” TRACK: Throughout the film, Jason Biggs, Sean William Scott, Alyson Hannigan and other cast members pop up on-screen to laugh at, comment and even cut on their fellow cast members.
- THE BEST OF BIGGS - HANGIN’ WITH JASON B.: A funny snapshot of life on the American Reunion set as cast and crew reflect on the hilarious experiences they have had working with Jason Biggs.
- LAKE BAKE: Facing scorching heat, page-after-page of script, and yes, even jet-ski stunts, a “day” at the beach stood as one of the production’s biggest challenges.
- DANCING WITH THE OZ: Go behind the scenes of Oz’s memorable appearance on Celebrity Dance-off! Chris Klein discusses his killer moves, slick sweat suit, and what it took to realize this funny moment from the movie.
- AMERICAN GONAD-IATORS: THE FIGHT SCENE: One of the many ways American Reunion ups the ante is with a goofball throw down as the old dogs (Jim, Oz, and company) and the young bucks (AJ and his crew) go toe-to-toe in Great Falls. The filmmakers take us through what started as a simple line in the script – A fight ensues and the police show up – on to storyboards, crazy choreography, and a half-naked Jason Biggs.
- AMERICAN REUNION YEARBOOK: An interactive yearbook of all of your favorite characters from the AmericanPie franchise. Select a character and get an overview of that character from the films with “Where Are They Now,” cast discussions about the characters, their most embarrassing moment and their favorite activities. A virtual yearbook of who’s who, what’s what and, most importantly, who did what to who!
- UltraViolet™: The revolutionary new way for consumers to collect movies and TV shows, put them in the cloud and stream instantly to computers, tablets and smart phones, currently available in the United States only.
- Digital Copy: Viewers can redeem a digital version of the full-length movie from a choice of retail partners to watch on an array of electronic and portable devices
- BD-LIVE™: Access the BD-Live™ Center through your Internet-connected player to watch the latest trailers and more!
- pocket BLU™ app: The groundbreaking pocket BLU™ app uses iPad®, iPhone®, iPod® touch, Android™, PC and Mac® to work seamlessly with a network-connected Blu-ray™ player. Plus iPad® and Android™ tablet owners can enjoy a new, enhanced edition of pocket BLU™ made especially to take advantage of the tablets’ larger screen and high resolution display. Consumers will be able to browse through a library of Blu-ray™ content and watch entertaining extras on-the-go in a way that’s bigger and better than ever before. pocket BLU™ offers advanced features such as:
- ADVANCED REMOTE CONTROL: A sleek, elegant new way to operate your Blu-ray™ player. Users can navigate through menus, playback and BD-Live™ functions with ease.
- VIDEO TIMELINE: Users can easily bring up the video timeline, allowing them to instantly access any point in the film.
- MOBILE-TO-GO: Users can unlock a selection of bonus content with their Blu-ray™ discs to save to their device or to stream from anywhere there is a Wi-Fi network, enabling them to enjoy content on the go, anytime, anywhere.
- BROWSE TITLES: Users will have access to a complete list of pocket BLU™-enabled titles available and coming to Blu-ray™ Hi-Def. They can view free previews and see what additional content is available to unlock on their device.
- KEYBOARD: Entering data is fast and easy with your device’s intuitive keyboard.
- uHEAR™: Never miss another line of dialogue with this innovative feature that instantly skips back a few seconds on your Blu-ray™ disc and turns on the subtitles to highlight what you missed.
I will tell you this, if you are familiar with American Pie, it is totally what you expect...
If you are not familiar with it, brace yourself!
There were a couple times where Broxton walked in the room while I was watching and I had to turn the tv off.
Stiffler is more of a tool now than I remembered him being... and the other guys, well, I don't know... It seems as though everyone grew up, myself included and it just wasn't as funny to me as I was expecting. I told Marc that I needed to remember that I was 18 when the first one came out, a freshman in college...
SO many things have changed since then, so there are many that will still enjoy it, just not me.
Don't get me wrong, I still laughed at some parts...
But, I am sure if I passed this along to my brother, he would crack up at it the whole way through...
So, bottom line... DO I recommend it?
Well, if you are an American Pie fan (through the years) or a college kid (or at least you THINK like a college kid) you will LOVE this... If not, I am not so sure...
FTC Compliant Review Policy: The product(s) featured in this review were provided free of cost to me by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. Opinions expressed are my own and are NOT influenced by monetary compensation.