I have not been to Fright Fest, but I did want to share with you.
Let me know if you have been, or if you plan to go!
Image Credit - Six Flags
Six Flags Over Georgia is taking Virtual Reality to the next level with the debut of all-new fully interactive, 360-degree Virtual Reality Roller Coaster, Rage of the Gargoyles. Coupled with six haunted mazes, 12 blood-curdling scare zones and five sinister shows, Fright Fest® will be the most terrifying experience in the park’s 49 year history.
“Innovation is in the DNA of Six Flags Over Georgia and following the opening of North America’s first ever Virtual Reality Roller Coaster earlier this year, we are thrilled to offer our guests a new experience during Fright Fest,” said Six Flags Over Georgia Park President Dale Kaetzel. “This new immersive virtual experience will leave guests screaming for another electrifying battle on Rage of the Gargoyles during our expanded Fright Fest season.”
In Rage of the Gargoyles, riders wearing Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus headsets will become the pilot of an Apache-style helicopter, transported into a futuristic battle against blood-thirsty gargoyles on Dare Devil Dive and experience:
· The incredibly immersive world of virtual reality – straight up nearly 100 feet as the gargoyles pound on the copter’s windshield;
· Flying down a 95 degree launch off the edge of a building - beyond vertical;
· Darting between a devastated cityscape with battered skyscrapers, hazardous bridges, and falling debris;
· Daring aerobatic maneuvers through three inversions and zero-gravity hills; and
· A fully interactive gaming battle through 2,100 feet of track to destroy the vicious master gargoyle.
Fright Fest is turning the scare-factor up a notch in 2016, with the return of popular menacing mazes and scare zones, including The Mourning, Dr. Fright’s Frightorium 3-D and the award-winning Dr. Fright’s Dead Man’s Party. The unnerving event will also feature these four new eerie additions:
· Mummy’s Curse, a new pitch-black haunted maze, where the old curse of the Six Flags Over Georgia mummies are lurking, looking for their next victim;
· The Witching Hour, a new scare zone, where all of the dead zombies and monsters will haunt you before the night ends at the park exit;
· CarnEvil, a live show, featuring the scariest of all creepy clowns you’ve ever come to see, that will become part of your worst nightmare; and
· Demon District, a new haunted scare zone, where a chilling mob of infected zombies and monsters are ominously taking over the streets of the park, holding no bias.
Fright Fest at Six Flags Over Georgia debuts Fright Fest 2016. and runs on select nights through Halloween Night, . For more information, including tickets, Haunted Attraction Passes and season passes, visit